Dietary adequacy and its healthfulness
- Energy – I consume 1800 calories, and the amount used is 2000 calories. This leaves a deficit of 200 which leads to an imbalance in energy.
- Protein – it has to amount to between 10 and 35 percentage of the total calories in the body. I had a task of 250 to 850 but my intake was 230, this was below the goal.
- Vitamins – my diet had a deficiency in vitamins. Vitamin A was below 30%, whereas vitamin C was about 90%. It was related to intake of calories. Vitamin C intake is considered efficient because it is above 70%.
- Minerals – my diet has a deficiency in mineral whereby calcium was about 40%, and iron was less than 54% .This is based on intake of 2000 calories daily.
- Fiber – Fiber was about 33% of my total intake related to the 2000 calories daily.
- Saturated fat – My content of saturated fat was about 23.2 g which equals 77% of my day to day intake.
- Sodium – my average sodium was 2700 mg. DRI recommends about 2400 mg daily which makes my consumption high in sodium.
- Cholesterol – the DRI gives a recommendation of about 330 mg, and my cholesterol was 340 mg related to my daily intake of 2000 daily. Thus my intake was high.
- Percentage of average calories from carbohydrate and fat as well as protein.